Foot and Ankle Specialists in Santa Barbara, CA
Align Foot & Ankle Center is a premier option for Santa Barbara residents and the surrounding communities. Dr. Hai-En Peng works closely with his certified staff to provide comprehensive care for the feet and ankles. Our team understands that problems with the ankles and feet can put a damper on your life. We want you to get back to enjoying your life and being able to function normally.
Customized Services in a Family Atmosphere
You’re more than just a patient when you come into our Santa Barbara Align Foot & Ankle Center. Dr. Hai-En Peng along with the rest of our staff work hard to make each person who comes into the office feel like a valued family member. We understand that your time is valuable, so we strive to keep waiting times minimal, but we don’t try to rush through exams.
Each patient who entrusts our office with their care is given the time they need during the appointment. We’re here to answer all your questions and ensure you completely understand the options you have for treatments. You deserve to feel comfortable and empowered when it comes to your medical care.
Every member of our team knows that each patient has different needs and concerns. We develop a customized treatment plan based on your circumstances. You won’t find any one-size-fits-all plans here.
Conditions Align Foot & Ankle Center Treats
Our experienced team of professionals treats any condition that impacts the ankles, feet, or toes. Whether you have something obviously wrong or have pain that doesn’t have a clear-cut cause, we’re ready to help you.
Ankle pain comes from a variety of issues. We work to find out the underlying cause of the ankle pain so we can devise a treatment. Is your pain from a past or recent injury? Do you have a chronic condition like arthritis? We’ll work closely with you to diagnose the problem and treat it.
Our office offers same-day appointments for new ankle injuries, including ankle sprains. A sprained ankle can occur when you’re playing sports or participating in high-impact activities. Typically, you’ll feel immediate pain when the ankle rolls. You might also have swelling and bruising. Treatment for a sprained ankle may include using an ankle boot or cast to immobilize it so it can heal. X-rays might be necessary to ensure there isn’t a fracture in the bone.
Foot Pain and Care
Your feet are put under considerable pressure each day. This means even problems that seem small can be extremely painful. Our office handles cases involving a full range of conditions that can cause foot pain, including:
- Soft tissue masses
- Bone spurs
- Ingrown toenails
No one should ever think that pain in the foot is normal. Even something as seemingly minor as pain in the heel can signal something amiss. Our office doesn’t take any case lightly. We strive to find the best way to get you back to your normal activities without having to worry about suffering from pain.
Treatment Options up to and Including Surgery
Our office has a full range of treatment options for patients. We tailor these options to fit your case so you know you’re getting the very best care. Some of the options you can find here at Align Foot & Ankle Center include:
- Platelet-rich Plasma: These injections use plasma from your own blood to help heal a chronically injured area. It’s commonly used to treat soft-tissue injuries like Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis.
- Avulsion or Matrixectomy: Relief from the pain and inflammation of ingrown toenails requires aggressive treatment by removing the side of the nail that’s ingrown. An avulsion allows the nail to regrow, but a Matrixectomy permanently removes the side of the nail. Dr. Peng will use a local anesthetic block on your toe before these procedures.
- Topical Treatments: Some conditions, such as warts, may be treated topically. Our office will attempt these before moving on to more aggressive treatment options.
- Surgical Options: Dr. Peng is an experienced and skilled foot and ankle surgeon who offers surgery when other options haven’t produced successful results. Surgery is commonly used to treat fractures, spurs, hammertoes, bunions, and other deformities.
- Functional Foot Orthotics: Orthotics are plaster-molded support devices for the feet. We use a high tech digital scanner to custom fit the arch of your foot and treat common foot problems like flat feet, metatarsal pain, heel pain, heel spurs, plantar fascia, plantar fasciitis, and neuromas.
- Casts, Walking Boots, and Similar Equipment: Sprains, fractures, and some soft-tissue injuries require immobilization. These are all handled in-house so we can ensure you have the proper fit that will encourage proper healing.
Recovery After Injuries and Procedures
Treating a condition that’s impacting the feet or ankles doesn’t end when it’s diagnosed and you’re given the plan. Our office provides comprehensive services that include helping you with recovery after an injury or a procedure. We don’t discharge you as a patient until we know you’re completely healed.
There isn’t one single timeline we follow to determine when a patient should be released from our care. We carefully evaluate each patient at every visit to record the progress and determine what treatment adjustments need to be made. Each follow-up visit with us is important, so every patient should ensure they come to every appointment.
Our team takes the time to listen to what you have to say at each visit. This gives us an idea of how your treatment plan is progressing. It also enables Dr. Peng to provide you with the personalized care that we’re known for.
Visit Our Santa Barbara Location
Align Foot & Ankle Center is here to serve Santa Barbara residents and the surrounding communities. You can reach us at 805-965-1515 to schedule your appointment. Our office is located at 14 East Arrellaga Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
"I've always believed in exhausting conservative treatment over surgery. Over the years in practice, I've kept many people out of the operating room. Even then, the patients who have been taken to surgery are extremely pleased with their results. I will do all I can to get you moving again...without pain or discomfort!"
Dr. Hai-En Peng